COVID-19 STATS IN ELGIN COUNTY
Southwestern Public Health shares data on a daily basis about the number of active cases of COVID-19 in the region. Click here to view the dashboard.
Common symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
- new or worsening cough (not related to other known causes or conditions)
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing (not related to other known causes or conditions)
- fever - temperature equal to or over 38°C
Other symptoms of COVID-19 can include (if not related to other known causes or conditions):
- sore throat (painful swallowing or difficulty swallowing)
- runny nose
- nasal congestion (stuffy nose)
- decrease or loss of smell or taste
- nausea and/or vomiting
- abdominal pain
How can I protect myself?
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Cough/sneeze into a tissue or into your sleeve or arm
- Don't touch your face
- Clean your hands before eating/drinking
- Clean frequently touched objects and surfaces (sinks, counters, doorknobs, etc.)
If you think you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, use this self-assessment to help determine how to seek further care.
TESTING FOR COVID-19 IN ELGIN COUNTY
Click here to learn more about who can visit an Assessment Centre and how to make an appointment to receive a COVID-19 test.
Visit Southwestern Public Health's website for everything you need to know about COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics in Elgin County.
For more information about COVID-19 in Elgin County, please visit Southwestern Public Health’s website.